Sunday, March 25, 2012

Muffin Tin Meal - Sharing With a Friend

I was asked to watch the boy next door for a few hours one morning, which I was happy to do. He arrived long before Z normally wakes up (she's a night person, like both her parents,) so he had the run of the place for most of his stay. I knew Z would need breakfast, and it was probably close to his lunch time, or at least time for a snack, so I made a quickie MTM for them to share.
Apples, fruit juice gummies, string cheese nibblets
I cut up an apple, made "ice cream cone" peanut-butter-honey sandwiches with my Lunch Punch Sweets cutter, cut up a cheese stick into nibblets, and added some home-made fruit juice gummies. I put them in a heart-shaped muffin pan I got on clearance from JoAnn's.

Well my efforts were a success with our guest. He asked for seconds on the sandwich and cheese. And too much of a success with Princess Sparklepants. She didn't want to share, and sat there sulking, refusing to eat, until he left.
Muffin Tin Monday at Muffintinmom.com
 

6 comments:

  1. It is always a hit when they ask for seconds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute tin and cute story. Typical child not wanting to share, especially if a muffin tin meal has never been shared. Was that the neighbor boys first experience with a muffin tin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! I have been wanting to try to make some homemade fruit snacks (or something similar) so I will have to try this recipe. I have tons of candy molds too so it should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your healthy choices. Poor princess :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've done shared MTMs before with her cousins, but it's been a while. And she wasn't great at sharing then either! I think it was our neighbor;s first time, and at first he wasn't sure what the deal was, but he seemed to really enjoy it.
    MTMs are kind of like a finger-food buffet, which is one of my favorite aspects of it.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead! Tell me how awesome I am. Or ask a question. Whatever.

(Please note that I had to disable Anonymous comments. Too many spam comments coming through the filters.)